GTPD Makes Arrest in Off-campus Armed Robbery
Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD) made an arrest Thursday in the aggravated assault and robbery, which happened near campus Wednesday night. Andrew Durham was detained by Atlanta Police near Forsyth Street, and taken into custody by GTPD. Durham is currently in the Fulton County jail on charges of armed robbery and aggravated assault.
“It was good police work,” said GTPD Chief Robert Connolly. “We benefitted from the coverage of the cameras. They gave us extra eyes on campus, and helped us solve this case in less than 24 hours.”
GTPD recovered the bicycle and returned it to the student.
See Something, Say Something
The Georgia Tech Police Department is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for the campus community. Remember, to report any information regarding criminal incidents to the Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD) by calling 404-894-2500 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you can help GTPD and the community fight crime. Don’t look the other way or ignore suspicious activity. If you see something that prompts concern, say something and notify GTPD immediately.
Additional Safety Information for Georgia Tech
- Walk in well lit areas. To report inoperative exterior campus lighting, visit: http://www.facilities.gatech.edu/om/requests/lighting.php.
- Walk with a friend or in a group.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Immediately report suspicious activity to the Georgia Tech Police by calling 404-894-2500. Program GTPD's number into your cell phone.
- For on campus transportation from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., please request a ride at Stingerette.com or call 404-385-7433..
- Safety escorts are available through the Georgia Tech Police Department by calling 404-894-2500 or 4-GTPD.
- Download the LiveSafe safety app for quick access to the Georgia Tech Police Department and other safety resources.