Construction Creates Congestion and Closed Sidewalks in the Northern Sector of Campus
Updated January 8, 2019
Due to planned construction activities in the northwest sector of Georgia Tech’s campus, pedestrian and vehicular access may be impacted on several streets in the vicinity. Significant construction truck traffic will also continue in the area.
- Road is open to all vehicles and pedestrians. Electrical infrastructure work will be in progress at this location.
- Center Street will be closed to all pedestrian and vehicular traffic until April 2019.
- A new water line must be installed running down Greenfield Street from 10th Street to the Dalney site.
- Greenfield Street will not be accessible due to a water line tap at 10th Street from Jan. 7–9.
- After the water line work is complete, during working hours between 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., one lane will be closed but through access will be maintained utilizing flag men.
- There will be no on-street parking on Greenfield Street while this work is underway.
- W28 and W27 lots will be accessed from Dalney Street, with gate arms removed to allow W28 patrons access through W27.
- Water line work in the south lane of 10th Street will be underway in early January.
- Traffic may be affected during working hours between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on January 7, 8, and 9.
- There will be no access to Greenfield Street while this work is underway.
- Dalney Street is now permanently closed to vehicular traffic.
- On-street parking on Dalney Street in the vicinity of the Dalney project site will also be closed.
- The sidewalk will be closed along the west side of the street adjacent to the Dalney project site. In addition, a portion of Dalney Street and adjacent sidewalk will be closed from just north of the Baker Building loading dock driveway up to a point roughly parallel to the north face of the Baker Building.
- A section of Dalney Street between The Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design and the Dalney project site will be closed to all pedestrian, bicycle, and vehicular traffic.
- Access to the W24 parking lot has been maintained with a new access of State Street.
- Access to the Baker Building loading dock and other access points will remain open.
The sidewalk is closed along the west side of the street adjacent to the Living Building Project (Kendeda Building).
The sidewalk will remain open on the east side of the street adjacent to the Marcus Nanotechnology Building.
- The sidewalk is closed along the north side of Ferst Drive adjacent to the Living Building Project (Kendeda Building).
- The W24 lot adjacent to the Baker Building will remain open with a new access point off of State Street.
- The W25 lot behind the Beringause Police Building will remain open via an existing access point from Hemphill, and a new access point from Ferst Drive.
- A new road has been installed to access W26 from the W25 lot.
W28 and W27 Lot
- W27 will be accessed from Dalney Street when work is ongoing on Greenfield Street at 10th Street.
- W28 will be accessed from Dalney Street through W27 when work is ongoing on Greenfield Street at 10th Street.
- Parking will remove gate arms to allow through passage at W27.