Making the Pledge: Donations Underway for Annual State Charitable Campaign
While the holiday season is traditionally one of giving, Georgia Tech gets the giving started early each year through the State Charitable Contributions Program.
This year’s campaign is shorter than in the past — donations are already underway and will continue through Wednesday, Oct. 31. Until then, employees have the opportunity to set recurring donations through payroll deductions, or make one-time gifts, to organizations of their choice.
“Even small donations can make a difference to the one child that receives a book, or the one person in need who receives a meal,” said Bill Todd, professor of the practice in the Scheller College of Business and this year’s campaign chair.
Employees can give to one or multiple organizations, from which there are more than 1,000 to choose. This year, Georgia Tech has set a goal of 1,500 participants and $390,000.
Giving options are outlined below.
To give via TechWorks:
1. Log on at techworks.gatech.edu.
2. Select “Charitable Campaign.”
3. Review your pledges from last year, update your contributions, and/or add new pledges.
4. Choose one of these ways to donate:
- Payroll deduction (which begins in January 2019).
- Credit/debit card (American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard are accepted; make a one-time donation by selecting the “Electronic Pledge Payment” option).
- WebCheck (make a one-time donation by selecting the “Electronic Pledge Payment” option).
5. Confirm your pledge by clicking “Submit Pledge.”
Employees can also submit a paper pledge form, downloadable at charitable.gatech.edu. Submit the completed form, along with a check, money order, or cash, to your unit ambassador or to Bill Todd (campus mail code 0520, Scheller College of Business). Cash donations should not be sent through the mail.