Enjoying the Last Days of Summer
With just over a week remaining until the fall semester starts, it’s your last chance to enjoy summer activities before your workload picks up.
A few upcoming activities to consider:
- The SCAD FASH Museum is hosting an exhibit through Aug. 12 on Dressing for Dystopia featuring costumes from The Handmaid’s Tale. Student entry is $5.
- The Fox Theatre hosts a summer film festival, with four showings remaining:
- Trolls: Saturday, Aug. 11, 2 p.m.
- Grease Sing-a-Long and 40th Anniversary: Thursday, Aug. 23, 7:30 p.m. o Moana Sing-a-Long: Saturday, Aug. 25, at 2 p.m.
- Black Panther: Saturday, Aug. 25, 7 p.m.
- The Atlanta Dream plays its final game at McCamish Pavilion Saturday, Aug. 11, at 2 p.m.
- The Atlanta Braves have a home game every day through Aug. 19. See the full schedule.
And a few ideas that are always fun:
- Walk the Atlanta BeltLine’s Eastside or Westside trails.
- Explore Piedmont Park, Centennial Olympic Park, or Historic Fourth Ward Park.
- Stop by the Piedmont Park Green Market on Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Get geared up for football season at the College Football Hall of Fame. Student tickets are $18.99.
- Visit the World of Coca-Cola. College students can receive discounted admission of $10 through Aug. 29. Bring your BuzzCard for the promotion.
- Experience civil rights history at the Center for Civil and Human Rights or the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Park, both in downtown Atlanta.
- Visit the High Museum, which is hosting a Winnie the Pooh exhibit through Sept. 2. The exhibit coincides with the run of the movie Christopher Robin in theaters. Admission is $14.50.
- Explore the Atlanta History Center, Zoo Atlanta, or Georgia Aquarium.
- Atlantic Station hosts recurring fitness and live music events, all free.