Georgia Tech Launches New Employee Mentoring Program, MentorTech
What do Bill Gates, Harry Potter and Oprah have in common? They each were greatly impacted by dynamic mentors: Warren Buffet, Professor Dumbledore and Maya Angelou, respectively.
In response to feedback from the campus community, Georgia Tech Human Resources (GTHR) is launching MentorTech: Professionals Partnerships, an employee mentoring program, starting February 2018. Georgia Tech faculty and staff are all invited to participate in this formal mentorship program. We are seeking both mentors and mentees interested in participating. Applications are now open.
MentorTech is designed to meet a wide variety of needs for a diverse population. Mentee participants will be paired with mentors who can share experiences within about the mentee’s desired developmental goals.
- The first Professional Partnerships will run February through August.
- The time commitment requires a minimum six hours over the six months, about one hour per month, although more interaction is suggested.
- Participation requirements:
- Mentors must have at least two years of service with Tech.
- Mentees must have at least one year of service at Tech.
- Professional partnerships (the mentors/mentees pairs) are created along multiple dimensions, including professional experience, specific competencies, and a five-factor personality assessment.
- Creating the best possible partnerships is paramount. If a good fit for your goals is not available during this application period, you will be invited to participate when we open the application process again.
Throughout the six-month partnership, mentors and mentees will have access to a wealth of resources to support and enrich the professional partnership, including development opportunities and career guidance.
Are you interested in mentoring? Are you interested in being mentored? Perhaps you’re interested in both? Learn more by visiting www.ohr.gatech.edu/mentoring. The application period is now open and will continue through Jan. 17. The two-part application process takes less than 10 minutes total, so engage with us soon!