Georgia Tech Upgrades to TurningPoint 8 ‘Clicker System’: What Faculty and Students Should Know
Georgia Tech recently upgraded its audience response system (clicker system) to the latest version, TurningPoint 8. In addition, Georgia Tech has purchased an enterprise license for TurningPoint, which will allow students to use TurningPoint for free (unless faculty require that they purchase a physical clicker device).
Why should faculty use TurningPoint instead of another audience response system at Georgia Tech?
- TurningPoint integrates with both Canvas and T-Square. You can easily poll the students in your class and assign grades based on their responses.
- Students can use the TurningPoint mobile app at no cost if you allow mobile devices in your classroom.
- In cases where faculty do not allow students to use mobile devices in class, students can still purchase a physical clicker device to respond to TurningPoint polls. They can also continue to use the clickers they already own.
- TurningPoint has undergone Georgia Tech’s cybersecurity and accessibility reviews as part of the procurement process.
- TurningPoint now has single sign-on at Georgia Tech. When creating an account, users should enter their Georgia Tech email address, and they will be automatically redirected to a Georgia Tech login screen.
- TurningPoint is centrally supported, campus-wide.
How can faculty and students get started with TurningPoint 8?
- Download TurningPoint 8 to a laptop (choose one of the three files: TurningPoint Mac, TurningPoint PC Install, or TurningPoint PC No Install). It will be pre-installed on podium computers in most classrooms.
- Decide whether mobile devices will be allowed in the classroom.
- If yes, then the use of Turning Point will be free for students – they will respond to in-class polls using their mobile devices.
- If no, students will still need to purchase a clicker device at the Georgia Tech bookstore.
- If faculty would like students to use clicker devices, prepare receivers by following the instructions at http://www.ctl.gatech.edu/it/clicker/faculty.
Where can faculty and students get help with TurningPoint 8?
- Visit the TurningPoint Classroom Response webpage for instructions, contact information, and training information.
- Contact us at email@example.com.
- Get classroom technologies support with the use of TurningPoint on the podium computer in classrooms by calling 404.894.4669 or submitting a ticket at the Audiovisual Technology Assistance and Support webpage.
For a quick introduction to TurningPoint, watch this 90-second video.