Weekly Workshops Help Students Handle Stress
Now that the semester is underway, stress may be starting to build as classes and other activities are in full swing.
This week, the Counseling Center begins its weekly outreach workshops, which are open to all students. Topics cover academic, relational, and emotional stress and are conducted in a group environment.
Some workshops are timed to address the type of stress students may be feeling at various points in the semester. All workshops take place on Thursdays at 11 a.m. in Room 115, Instructional Center.
This semester’s workshops include:
- Stress Management 101 (Feb. 4)
- Creating Healthy Relationships (Feb. 11)
- Staying Healthy as a Graduate Student Scholar (Feb. 18)
- Social Media: Managing the Illusion of Connection (Feb. 25)
- Stress Management for International Students (March 3)
- Overcoming the Stressors of Perfectionism and Procrastination (March 10)
- Manage Your Time, Manage Your Stress (March 17)
- Mindfulness and Meditation (March 31)
- Managing Stress for Ethnic Minorities (April 7)
- Don't Believe Everything You Think: Using Logic to Overcome Stress (April 14)
- Mind Matters: Using Psychology to Enhance Your Academic and Test Performance (April 21)
The Counseling Center also provides individual counseling, group counseling, peer coaching, and other services. Learn more at www.counseling.gatech.edu.