Weekly Workshops Help Students Handle Stress
Now that the semester is underway, stress may be starting to build as classes and other activities are in full swing.
This week, the Counseling Center begins its weekly Wellness and Stress Management workshop series, which is open to all students. Topics focus on health and well-being as well as academic, relational, and emotional stress. All workshops are conducted in a group environment.
Some workshops are timed to address the type of stress students may be feeling at various points in the semester. All workshops take place on Thursdays at 11 a.m. in Room 117, Instructional Center.
This semester’s workshops include:
- Stress Management 101 (Sept. 1)
- Manage Your Time, Manage Your Stress (Sept. 8)
- Creating Healthy Relationships (Sept. 15)
- Staying Healthy as a Graduate Student Scholar (Sept. 22)
- Mind-Body Fitness: Exercise for Wellness (Sept. 29)
- Don't Believe Everything You Think: Using Logic to Overcome Stress (Oct. 6)
- Overcoming the Stressors of Perfectionism and Procrastination (Oct. 20)
- Stress Management 101 (Oct. 27)
- Mindfulness and Meditation (Nov. 3)
- Managing Stress for Ethnic Minorities (Nov. 10)
- Stress Management for International Students (Nov. 17)
- Mind Matters: Using Psychology to Enhance Your Academic and Test Performance (Dec. 1)
The Counseling Center also provides individual counseling, group counseling, peer coaching, and other services. Learn more at counseling.gatech.edu.