Georgia Tech Closed Wednesday
Posted January 28, 2014 | Atlanta, GA
Due to deteriorating road conditions throughout Metro Atlanta and below-freezing temperatures expected for the next 48 hours, Georgia Tech will be closed Wednesday, January 29.
- GT Facilities is working hard to keep campus roadways clear.
- Georgia Tech Police will monitor conditions throughout the night.
- Stingers will continue to run until roadways become too hazardous
- Woodruff Dining Hall, Brittain Dining Hall, Chick-Fil-A, and Subway will remain open tonight until 8:00 pm. For Wednesday, Woodruff Dining Hall and Brittain Dining Hall will open 10:00 am - 2:00 pm & 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- The Campus Recreation Center will maintain limited services
- Expect snow to continue until 7PM with a slight chance for the remainder of the evening.
- Lows tonight will be in the mid to upper teens.
- Highs tomorrow will be at or below freezing.
- Lows on Wednesday night/Thursday morning will be in the mid teens again.
- Midday Thursday we expect temperatures to reach above freezing and reach the low 40s
Any updates or changes to normal campus operations will be posted to the Georgia Tech website (www.gatech.edu) as well as its Facebook page (facebook.com/georgiatech) and its Twitter account (twitter.com/georgiatech).