With One Month More, Still Time to Enjoy Summer
Posted July 17, 2013 | Atlanta, GA
In just a month, fall classes will commence on campus. It’s too early to lament the end of this season, though. There’s still time to enjoy some of the events that make for a great summer in Atlanta.
A few things going on this weekend to enjoy, even on a limited budget:
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Showing for free at Chastain Park.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s: Showing for free at the Central Park lawn at Atlantic Station.
- Heritage Arts Festival: Arts, crafts, and music will take over Underground Atlanta during this free, weekend-long event.
- Masquerade Musicians Showcase: Musicians will compete in round two of four during the preliminary stage of this competition. Tickets are $10 in advance, and the venue is on North Avenue east of campus.
- BB&T Atlanta Open: Atlantic Station is hosting this tennis tournament for the second year, with tickets starting at $6 for some matches.
- SkyView Atlanta: Get a new and different perspective on the city from atop the Ferris wheel that opened downtown in Centennial Park last week.