Transportation, Dining, Other Services Adjust during Spring Break
Posted March 15, 2013 | Atlanta, GA
Georgia Tech students will be observing Spring Break Monday, March 18, to Friday, March 22. Campus services will be adjusted to accomodate campus life during that week.
Exterior of the North Avenue Dining Hall, which opened to campus during the summer of 2011.
The Georgia Tech Police Department will operate as normal, and students are encouraged to take extra precautions with fewer people on campus and less activity than normal. Remember to call GTPD at 404.894.2500 if you see suspicious activity or have safety concerns.
All residence halls will be open and staffed over the break to accomodate students remaining on campus.
Campus Recreation Center
The Campus Recreation Center will open at regular hours (Noon Sunday, 5:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. Saturday), but close earlier at 10 p.m. each night. Please refer to crc.gatech.edu for specific hours about the climbing wall and pools.
Parking and Transportation Services
All transportation may have increased wait times with a reduced number of vehicles in service. Hours are as follows:
- Green Route: will operate on regular schedule.
- Emory Shuttle: will operate on regular schedule.
- Midnight Rambler: will operate on regular schedule.
- Tech Trolley: will operate weekdays from 5:45 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Saturdays from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., and Sundays from 3 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- Red Route: will operate Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Blue Route: will operate Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Weekend Grocery Shuttle: will operate on regular schedule except for Sunday, March 17, due to the Publix Georgia Marathon. On that day, the North Avenue and Techwood Drive stops will not be serviced.
- Stingerette will be operate as normal, Monday through Sunday, 6 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Normal parking regulations will be in effect during Spring Break. Please be sure that your parking permit is displayed properly to avoid citations or towing. If you are leaving campus early, please call (404) 385-PARK to find alternate parking.
- The Publix Georgia Marathon will run through campus and affect two parking areas on Sunday, March 17. Vehicles will be towed from these areas in order to clear the course for marathon participants. Towed cars will be removed from campus and taken to an off-site location. If you think your car has been towed, visit ga.towedcar.com and follow the instructions. If that does not provide results, call GTPD at 404.894.2500.
Please relocate vehicles from the following areas:
- ER51: Techwood Drive from Ferst Drive to North Avenue
- W01: Tech Parkway from North Avenue to Means Street
The following locations will close at 3 p.m. Friday, March 15, through the week of Spring Break:
- Brittain Dining Hall
- Woodruff Dining Hall
- North Avenue Dining Hall
- Taco Bell
- Burger Bytes
- Cafe Spice
- H2O Cafe
- Pizza Hut
- Eastside Market
- Westside Market
The following locations will remain open with altered hours:
- Starbucks at Clough Commons: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Food Court (hot line at lunch and breakfasts, Dunkin’ Donuts): Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Chick-fil-A: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Restaurants will operate as normal.
Barnes & Noble at Georgia Tech Bookstore
- Friday, March 15: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, March 16–17: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, March 18–22: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Starbucks will open at 8 a.m.)
- Saturday-Sunday, March 23–24: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Stamps Health Services
Stamps Health Services will maintain regular hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fowler Street Streetscape Closing
From March 18–22, Fowler Street between 10th Street and Ferst Drive will be closed to non-emergency vehicular traffic from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to allow for the milling, repaving and re-stripping of the road surface. Sidewalks will remain open. Access to parking area E65 will be maintained off 10th Street near the connector.
Sidewalk Closure between CRC and Stamps Health Services
The sidewalk between the CRC and Stamps Health Services will be closed for maintenance and repairs beginning Tuesday, March 19. Signage will direct pedestrians to use the sidewalk that wraps around from Tech Parkway to Means Street and then onto Ferst Drive.