Apply Now for Study Abroad Programs and Scholarships
Fewer than 10 percent of U.S. undergraduate students study abroad, but more than 40 percent of Georgia Tech students graduate with an international experience. No matter the major, studying abroad gives students an irreplaceable academic, social and professional experience. For those considering summer programs, now is the time to plan financially.
Students enrolled in a Georgia Tech study abroad program (including exchanges) can use their institutional financial aid for study abroad, and most programs offer in-state tuition for all students; there is an additional fee for non-residents ($250 for most study abroad programs and $2,500 for Georgia Tech Lorraine).
One way to make study abroad more affordable is through scholarships. Students are encouraged to visit www.oie.gatech.edu/scholarships for more information, including national scholarships available specifically for students who are studying abroad. After researching opportunities, students should meet with the Scholarships Advisor in the Office of International Education (OIE) to discuss how to submit a competitive application. Contact email@example.com.
Below is a list of financial aid and scholarship application deadlines:
- January 30: Campus deadline for Boren Scholarship for summer, fall and academic year. Available to undergraduate students studying outside of Western Europe. For more information, please visit: www.borenawards.org.
- January 31: Application deadline for DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship for upcoming academic year. Available to students studying in Germany for 4-10 months. For more information, please visit: www.daad.org.
- February 15: Students receiving financial aid who are planning to study abroad during the summer term will need to complete a summer financial aid application by February 15. These applications are available on the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid website, www.finaid.gatech.edu/summer.
- February 26: Campus deadline for Gilman International Scholarship for summer, fall and academic year. Available to Pell Grant recipients only. For more information, please visit: www.iie.org/gilman.
- April 5: Deadline for Georgia Tech sponsored scholarships for Spring 2014. Available to Georgia Tech undergraduate students. Click here to apply.
Please note that because some of these national scholarships require a campus review, the Georgia Tech campus deadline may be earlier than the national deadline listed on the scholarship’s website.
To find out more about Georgia Tech Study Abroad programs, visit www.oie.gatech.edu/study-abroad or stop by the Office of International Education in Savant 211.
Upcoming Study Abroad Application Deadlines:
- Japan - GE3-Tohoku Exchange Program (academic year)
- Australia - Queensland Exchange Program (fall and academic year)
- England - LSE England Exchange Program (academic year)
- France- INSA Lyon Exchange Program (academic year)
- Japan - Rikkyo Tokyo Business Exchange Program (academic year)
- Most GE3 Exchange Programs (fall and academic year)
- Remaining GT Summer Exchange Programs
- Most GT Fall & Academic Year Exchange Programs
- Most GT Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs
- Georgia Tech-Lorraine Undergrad Program (fall)
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, students may turn in their application on the following business day.
Click here for a detailed list of deadlines and application instructions.