News Blog Showcases Georgia Tech’s Expertise
Commenting on Current Issues and Events
Posted March 30, 2012 | Atlanta, GA
According to the strategic plan, Georgia Tech will influence technological, social and policy decisions that address critical global challenges. This expertise will now be showcased in the Amplifier, a multi-contributor news blog pairing current issues with commentary from Georgia Tech experts and providing a forum to spotlight, "What does Georgia Tech think?"
The purpose of the blog is to position Tech's experts -- elevating their value and exposure -- by demonstrating the breadth, depth and quality in a public forum facilitated by the institute. The primary goals of this initiative are to:
- Better position Tech as a research/thought leader
- Provide a unique forum to position Institute expertise in social media spheres
- Allow all audiences to participate in a dialogue associated with Institute research
- Help media more easily connect experts with timely news stories
- Create a flow of high-value, time-critical content
A companion Twitter feed strategically targeting journalists has also been created to highlight new posts and other Georgia Tech news.