Student Affairs Seeks Applicants for Ferst Award by Feb. 27
Posted February 22, 2012 | Atlanta, GA
The Division of Student Affairs is pleased to announce the availability of The Alvin M. Ferst Leadership and Entrepreneur Award for 2012. This $2,500 award goes to a junior or senior with at least a 2.5 GPA who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and/or entrepreneurial skills while at Tech.
The Alvin M. Ferst Leadership and Entrepreneur Award for 2012 will be presented at the Student Honors Luncheon on April 19.
The ideal candidate would be:
- A person of vision
- A driving force to create a business or organization
- An inspiration to others to reach their potential
- A leader with the ability to anticipate future needs
- An optimist about finding solutions
- One who generates support of the dream
- And a man or woman of character who asks, “why not?” not “why?”
Interested students should submit their application with two to three supporting letters of reference from Faculty, Staff and/or Employers. Applications can be found online at the Division of Student Affairs website.
Deadline for submitting applications is noon on Monday, Feb. 27. Supporting letters of reference are to be pasted on the same page as your application at the time you submit your application. Please be sure letters of reference have contact information included on the document.