Campaign for EveryBody Ongoing Throughout Week
Posted February 22, 2012 | Atlanta, GA
Body image is an issue among students of all ages and genders, and the Georgia Tech Body Image Committee is hoping to give Tech students a boost in their own perspective with the Campaign for EveryBody.
During the fifth annual weeklong event from Feb. 26 – March 2, students will have the opportunity to examine their perceptions of body image and participate in discussions about body image issues on campus. Events include:
- Women’s Basketball Game: Sunday, Feb.26, 2 p.m., Forbes Arena, Morehouse College. Cheer on the Yellow Jackets as they take on the Clemson Tigers.
- Treadfit Class: Monday, Feb. 27, 12 p.m., Campus Recreation Center. CRC members are invited to this GIT FIT class for no charge. Visit www.crc.gatech.edu for more information.
- Cardio Kickboxing Class: Monday, Feb. 27, 5:30 p.m., Campus Recreation Center. CRC members are invited to this GIT FIT class for no charge. Visit www.crc.gatech.edu for more information.
- Viewing of Miss Representation: Tuesday, Feb. 28, 7:30 p.m., Clough Commons Auditorium. Watch a documentary exploring the challenges women face in the U.S., followed by a panel discussion with Tech students and staff. This event is co-sponsored by the Department of Housing and the Women’s Resource Center.
- Open Mic Night: Wednesday, Feb. 29, 7 p.m., Resource Room, Clough Commons. This program will give students an opportunity to express feelings and emotions surrounding body image and culture. It is co-sponsored by Erato and the Office of International Education.
- Presentation about the Eating Disorder Treatment Team: Thursday, March 1, 8:15 to 9:15 a.m., Room 117, Student Services (Flag) Building. Come learn about the newly-created GT Eating Disorder Treatment Team.
- Eating Disorder Screening Day: Thursday, March 1, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Piedmont Room, Student Center. A screening will be administered by the GT Eating Disorder Team for students to assess their risk for disordered eating. It is co-sponsored by the Counseling Center. Visit www.collegeresponse.org to take the online screening.
- Yoga Class: Thursday, March 1, 7:30pm, Campus Recreation Center. CRC members are invited to take this GIT FIT class for no charge. Visit www.crc.gatech.edu for more information.
- Women’s Night on the Wall: Friday, March 2, 7 p.m., CRC Climbing Wall. Have you ever wanted to try the rock climbing wall at the CRC? Now is your chance! This event is co-sponsored by Women’s Awareness Month and ORGT. Participants will be charged a small fee for equipment rental.
- Tech Chef Cooking Competition: Saturday, March 3, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., North Avenue Dining Hall. This program is a nutritional cooking competition for GT students. Participants and spectators are welcome. Visit www.techchef.gatech.edu for more information. It is co-sponsored by CHEFS (Cooks for Heritage, Fellowship and Service).
- GT Body Peace Treaty: Sign by “liking” this on the GT Campaign for EveryBody Facebook page. The GT Body Peace Treaty encourages positive self-image among GT students. It includes self-affirming personal statements to help students feel good about themselves. All students can sign the GT Body Peace Treaty.
- MyStudentBody: Visit www.mystudentbody.com to login. This online program allows students to explore different modules related to body image issues.