GTPD Holds Crime Prevention Classes Throughout Week
Posted February 3, 2012 | Atlanta, GA
Leading up to the Institute’s annual Campus Safety Day on Friday, Feb. 10, the Georgia Tech Police Department will offer free hour-long crime prevention classes in the Student Center and Clough Commons all week, as well as a self-defense class on Saturday, Feb. 11.
Crime prevention classes are open to all students, faculty and staff, with no registration required. This includes two drop-by opportunities for those who may not be able to commit an hour but would like additional information on safety topics. Saturday’s self-defense class is limited to female students, and those interested should contact Officer Alex Gutierrez to sign up.
Crime Prevention Booth Setups:
- Monday, Feb. 6, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – First Floor, Student Center Commons
- Friday, Feb. 10, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Second floor entrance to Student Center
Crime Prevention Classes:
- Monday, Feb. 6, 7:30 p.m. – Room 102, Clough Commons
- Tuesday, Feb. 7, 7 p.m. – Room 127, Clough Commons
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, 7 p.m. – Room 127, Clough Commons
- Thursday, Feb. 9, 7 p.m. – Room 125, Clough Commons
Self Defense Class:
- Saturday, Feb. 11, 9 a.m. – Contact Alex Gutierrex to sign up.