'Gently Used' Clothing, Office Supplies Sought for Earth Day
Posted March 3, 2010 | Atlanta, GA
Students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to donate their gently used clothing and unused office supplies for Georgia Tech's Earth Day Celebration, held Friday, April 23, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Attendees will be able to "shop" for office supplies or take home some new items of clothing.
Office Supply Exchange
- Donate unused paper, pens and other office supplies. Attendees can then use their BuzzCards to shop for free office supplies at the Earth Day Celebration.
- Donate old clothes, shoes and accessories, and then select from the gently used offerings at the Clothing Swap on Skiles Courtyard during Tech's Earth Day Celebration. Clothing items for men and women are free to those attending Tech's Earth Day events. Any clothing not selected will be donated to area shelters.
- Georgia Tech's Earth Day Planning Committee is partnering with Atlanta Recycling Solutions to host the fifth annual Electronics Recycling Drive during Georgia Tech's Earth Day Celebration. Bring computers and accessories, cell phones, batteries, circuit boards and other items to be recycled. Only personal items can be donated: No departmental or unit e-wasted will be accepted.
Donations accepted through April 1
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays: Take items—clothing, office supplies, and e-waste—to the Office of Solid Waste Management and Recycling, 947 Atlantic Drive.
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesdays: Drop items off the collection table in the Student Center Commons Building, opposite Einstein Bros. Bagels.