GT Announces Healthcare Financial Mgt. Short Course
Professional education courses cover critical health systems topics
On February 1-2, Georgia Tech presents a short course on 'Healthcare Financial Management' designed for healthcare managers who want to lead their areas of responsibility to lower costs, collect more revenue and improve processes. The course focuses on applying basic healthcare financial concepts to build effective action plans to help meet the higher expectations caused by the financial pressures facing the healthcare industry.
The lead instructor for the course, David Cowan, executive in residence in the Health Systems Institute at Georgia Tech, brings 26 years of industry experience to the classroom.
"This course will not prepare students to be the chief accountant but instead to function as the CFO in their segment of the organization," said Cowan. "We will address basic financial concepts and the unique challenges facing healthcare, and attendees will learn many proven tools and techniques which we will apply to practical case studies."
This course is the first in the Health Systems Professional Education Series for 2006. Georgia Tech's graduate program in health systems is top ranked in the field, and faculty members bring their extensive experience in consulting, research and teaching to the classroom. Short courses offered during the coming year include:
* Healthcare Financial Management
* Essentials of Statistics For Health Professionals
* Statistics for Health Professionals
* Decision Analysis in Healthcare
* Healthcare System Modeling and Operations Management
* Measurement and Management of Quality Care
* Computer Simulation in Healthcare
* Measurement and Analysis of Health Outcomes
* Information Technology and Decision Support for Healthcare Delivery
* Human Computer Interaction and Healthcare Informatics
* Informatics and Healthcare Delivery
All courses will be taught at Georgia Tech's new state-of-the-art Global Learning & Conference Center located in midtown Atlanta and are organized by the Professional Education division at Georgia Tech.
Detailed information about these courses is available online at http://www.pe.gatech.edu, key word HS.